This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8424 / 50°50'32"N
Longitude: -0.7787 / 0°46'43"W
OS Eastings: 486088
OS Northings: 105477
OS Grid: SU860054
Mapcode National: GBR DGS.1Z6
Mapcode Global: FRA 968W.0GN
Entry Name: The Cawley Almhouses or the Hospital of St Bartholmew
Listing Date: 5 July 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1026833
English Heritage Legacy ID: 299807
Location: Chichester, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Chichester
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Chichester St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
972 BROYLE ROAD
The Cawley Almshouses or
the Hospital of St Bartholomew
SU 8605 SW 2/442
Built in 1625 as Almshouses. Converted into a Workhouse in 1681. 2 storeys.
7 windows. Painted brick. Red tiled roof. In the centre is the Chapel
which projects towards the road. Above the doorway is a 2 light pointed
window and above this a crow-stepped gable and wooden bellcote. The pews
inside are dated 1626. Modern wings on either side of the original building.
Listing NGR: SU8608805477
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings