History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Two Higgins Monuments, in the Churchyard, Between About 7 Metres and 9 Metres South of East End of Chancel, Church of Holy Trinity

A Grade II Listed Building in Tibberton, Gloucestershire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 51.8948 / 51°53'41"N

Longitude: -2.3544 / 2°21'15"W

OS Eastings: 375706

OS Northings: 221865

OS Grid: SO757218

Mapcode National: GBR 0J9.5KD

Mapcode Global: VH943.4MNT

Entry Name: Two Higgins Monuments, in the Churchyard, Between About 7 Metres and 9 Metres South of East End of Chancel, Church of Holy Trinity

Listing Date: 18 October 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1078585

English Heritage Legacy ID: 125794

Location: Tibberton, Forest of Dean, Gloucestershire, GL19

County: Gloucestershire

District: Forest of Dean

Civil Parish: Tibberton

Traditional County: Gloucestershire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire

Church of England Parish: Tibberton Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Gloucester

Find accommodation in
Hartpury

Listing Text

SO 72 SE TIBBERTON HUNTLEY LANE
(west side)

8/258 Two Higgins monuments, in the
churchyard, between about 7m and 9m
south of east end of chancel,
Church of Holy Trinity

GV II

Short chest tombs: third quarter C18; stone. Northern, Thomas
Higgins, died 1778. Flat lid, moulded edge, long sides. North
side raised oval, south raised rectangle with square indented
corners, corner paterae to both sides. Ends elongated pilaster,
fluted frieze with centre and end paterae, patera also on returns;
circular moulding on stem to east end, urn on west. Moulded
plinth on large, stone base. Good lettering. South monument
Henry and Mary Higgins, died 1760 and 1763. As first monument,
but sides raised, rectangular panel, plain frieze to pilasters,
swelling centre to circle on eastern end.


Listing NGR: SO7570621865

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.