This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.5612 / 51°33'40"N
Longitude: -1.794 / 1°47'38"W
OS Eastings: 414374
OS Northings: 184717
OS Grid: SU143847
Mapcode National: GBR YP9.M7
Mapcode Global: VHB3L.V1F1
Entry Name: Armstrong Monument in South East Corner of Churchyard, Church of St Mark
Listing Date: 23 April 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1023481
English Heritage Legacy ID: 318714
Location: Central Swindon South, Swindon, SN1
Electoral Ward/Division: Central
Built-Up Area: Swindon
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Swindon New Town
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
SU 1484 NW SWINDON
5/54 Armstrong monument in south-east
corner of churchyard, Church of St;
Obelisk, 1877, granite with inscription "In loving memory of Joseph
Armstrong who died 5th June 1877, aged 60". Armstrong was the
second superintendent of the locomotive works, and introduced the
carriage works to Swindon. Included for historic interest.
Listing NGR: SU1437484717
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings