This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.5518 / 51°33'6"N
Longitude: -1.7741 / 1°46'26"W
OS Eastings: 415757
OS Northings: 183675
OS Grid: SU157836
Mapcode National: GBR YSB.B0
Mapcode Global: VHB3M.68F8
Entry Name: Coventry House
Listing Date: 17 February 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1023503
English Heritage Legacy ID: 318772
Location: Central Swindon South, Swindon, SN1
Electoral Ward/Division: Old Town
Built-Up Area: Swindon
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Swindon Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
SU 1583 NE SWINDON
8/111 No. 20 (Coventry House)
House, now shop with offices over. Late C18. Rubble stone,
painted, with drawn ashlar. Slate roof with 3 hipped dormers.
Left gable stack. 2-storey and attic, 4 bays. Long 2-storey rear
extension. Ground floor with left 4-panelled door and fanlight up
3 steps with bootscraper. C19 projecting shop window with recessed
central entrance, columnar glazing and blind box with fascia.
First floor, narrow 2-pane sashes within moulded architraves.
Listing NGR: SU1575083672
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings