This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8381 / 50°50'17"N
Longitude: -0.2746 / 0°16'28"W
OS Eastings: 521587
OS Northings: 105707
OS Grid: TQ215057
Mapcode National: GBR HMF.9F2
Mapcode Global: FRA B69W.JTB
Entry Name: Shoreham Court
Listing Date: 10 January 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1027903
English Heritage Legacy ID: 297285
Location: Adur, West Sussex, BN43
County: West Sussex
Electoral Ward/Division: St Nicolas
Built-Up Area: Shoreham-by-Sea
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: New Shoreham St Mary de Haura
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
SHOREHAM-BY-SEA THE CLOSE, OLD SHOREHAM
TQ 20 NW
3/55 (west side)
10.1.84 Shoreham Court
House, now divided. Circa 1860 in a neo-Gothic style. Flint with ashlar quoins and
dressings. Slate roofs with tall irregular stacks. Two storeys with garrets.
Entrance front: irregular fenestration. Salient features include gable to right with
projecting octagonal oriel on first floor and smaller gable flanking it to left with
neo-Decorated window on first floor, complete with hollow-chamfered arch and
drip-mould over entrance with similar mouldings and boarded door. These two gables
project from the wing to left, the corner clasped by a diagonal buttress with
set-offs. Wing to left of 2 bays with central projecting stack. Stack in angle
between blocks with octagonal stack over. Square parapetted stair-tower set back at
left and with cusped single lancet windows reflecting the position of the staircase
behind. Modern door inserted below, to east.
Listing NGR: TQ2158705707
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings