This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.4095 / 51°24'34"N
Longitude: -0.402 / 0°24'7"W
OS Eastings: 511240
OS Northings: 169036
OS Grid: TQ112690
Mapcode National: GBR 3X.Z7H
Mapcode Global: VHFTR.ZTCW
Entry Name: Ivy House
Listing Date: 11 September 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1029665
English Heritage Legacy ID: 288001
Location: Spelthorne, Surrey, TW16
Electoral Ward/Division: Sunbury East
Built-Up Area: Walton-on-Thames
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: St Mary Sunbury-on-Thames
Church of England Diocese: London
SUNBURY-ON-THAMES, FORMER UD
House, extended and divided. Late C17/early C18, extended in C18 and altered in C20. Brown brick with red brick dressings and hipped, plain tiled roofs. L-shaped plan with wing projecting to left.
Three storeys on old range, two storeys on wing. Rear end stacks on old range, further stacks on left of wing under corbelled tops. Cement-rendered angle pier to right and shallow plat bands over ground floor and first floor. Boxed wooden eaves. Three bays on old elevation with three nine-pane, glazing-bar sash windows across the second floor under renewed gauged brick heads. Central window in shallow break with dressings extending down to central window on first floor. Three twelve-pane, glazing-bar sash windows on first floor under gauged brick heads, that to centre with ogee cut brick decoration to head. Two twelve-pane, glazing-bar sash windows on ground floor, one either side of door of six panels in panelled strip surround with traceried fanlight and open pediment in console brackets over.
Left hand wing: two twelve-pane first floor sash windows and two C20 windows below. Moulded eaves cornice to roof. Return front with one first floor glazing-bar sash window and pentice extension to ground floor with mullioned and transomed glazing-bar casement fenestration. Left hand return front: three glazing-bar sashes to first floor under wood canopies to upper sash.
The house is built on the site of Cromwell House, a residence of Thomas Cromwell,
Earl of Essex, 1514-1522.
Listing NGR: TQ1124069036
Other nearby listed buildings