This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.2978 / 51°17'52"N
Longitude: -0.7157 / 0°42'56"W
OS Eastings: 489634
OS Northings: 156194
OS Grid: SU896561
Mapcode National: GBR D97.KV8
Mapcode Global: VHDXQ.JMZY
Entry Name: The Old Mill
Listing Date: 19 July 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1030044
English Heritage Legacy ID: 287116
Location: Surrey Heath, Surrey, GU16
District: Surrey Heath
Town: Surrey Heath
Electoral Ward/Division: Mytchett and Deepcut
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Frimley Green and Mytchett
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
SU 85NE CAMBERLEY & FRIMLEY U.D. OLD GUILDFORD ROAD
The old Mill
Mill, converted with house attached. Mill tower late C18, house by Frank Abbot
1914, altered on garden front for his daughter Grace Willis in 1928. Brown and
red brick with sandstone dressings to house; plain tiled roofs, conical over
tower, hipped roofs, swept over main house. Tower to right end with L shaped
house attached to left, gable end wing projecting to front left forming courtyard
in re-entrant angle. Two storeys with multiple ridge stacks, arcaded panelling
on shafts and oversailing tops to stacks to right of centre and left end;
quadruple diagonal stacks to left of centre with end stack on projecting wings.
Regular fenestration, 2 leaded casements to first floor right of entrance front,
2 further first floor windows to right hand side of projecting wing. Arched
recessed porch to right end with double studded doors under billeted lintel.
Garden front: Two storeys with attics under central flat roof dormer and in
gables to left and right of centre, Regular front with two storey angle bays
to either ends under brick parapets with diamond patterning. Stone dressed
mullion and transomed windows with leaded lights, four 3-light across first
floor, centre light arched on first floor window in right hand angle bay. Double
glazed leaded doors to centre under arched head with flanking margin lights.
Further arched door to left in brick porch to Mill tower. Central stone plaque
with gilded decoration.
THE WINDMILLS OF SURREY AND INNER LONDON - K.G. Farries and M.T. Mason. 1906
p.101, i11. 39.
Listing NGR: SU8963456194
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings