This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.3502 / 51°21'0"N
Longitude: -0.4316 / 0°25'53"W
OS Eastings: 509318
OS Northings: 162403
OS Grid: TQ093624
Mapcode National: GBR 36.PW4
Mapcode Global: VHFV4.GBP8
Entry Name: 2-16, the Green
Listing Date: 16 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1030181
English Heritage Legacy ID: 286738
Location: Elmbridge, Surrey, KT12
Electoral Ward/Division: Weybridge St George's Hill
Built-Up Area: Weybridge
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Hersham
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
TQ 0962 BOROUGH OF ELMBRIDGE GREEN, THE
10/159 Nos. 2 to 16(even)
Almshouse row. Circa 1912 by Sir Aston Webb. Red brick with brown brick dressings
and banding, plain tiled roofs with crow-stepped stacks to ends, 6 further stacks to
centre with blue brick bands to tops. Symmetrical. 1 storey with 4 projecting bays
either side of arcged, gabled and bracketed central passage with arched opening in
the gable. Tripartite sash windows in projecting square bays with quasi-pilaster
surrounds breaking up through billeted eaves of main roof. Recessed porches with
flights of steps up to half-glazed doors to sides.
Whiteley Village was provided by William Whiteley of Whiteley's stores for thrifty
old folk and was laid out on an octagonal plan by Frank Atkinson, employing
leading architects of the day.
PEVSNER: BUILDINGS OF ENGLAND, SURREY (1971) pp520-1.
Listing NGR: TQ0931862403
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings