This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.4211 / 51°25'16"N
Longitude: -1.731 / 1°43'51"W
OS Eastings: 418801
OS Northings: 169160
OS Grid: SU188691
Mapcode National: GBR 4X2.TD0
Mapcode Global: VHB46.YJ8X
Plus Code: 9C3WC7C9+FJ
Entry Name: Outhouse to Rear of Number 133
Listing Date: 18 July 1949
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1034230
English Heritage Legacy ID: 310381
Location: Marlborough, Wiltshire, SN8
Civil Parish: Marlborough
Built-Up Area: Marlborough
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
18.7.49. Nos 132 and l33.
Outhouse to rear
of No 133.
SU 1869 1/41
Cl6 altered C18 and later. 3 storey and attic. Triple gabled front, tile hung
with shaped tiles to upper part, moulded barge boards to gables, old tile roof
with C16 flanking chimneys with diamond and square shafts. Each gable has 2-light
casement window with Cl7 or C18 lead lights. 2 3-light similar casements on
2nd floor and C18 sash window to right hand. 3 angular bay windows, the left
hand and centre beig 10-light leaded casements, the right hand C19 sashes. Pair
of small gables over central bay, probably Cl6 or C17 date. Plain C19 shop fronts
on ground floor under pent roof on 4 short Doric wood columns with tall square
Rear of No 133 is early Cl8. Chequer brick. Double hipped roof. 3 storeys.
Band above 1st floor. 4 ranges of segment-headed sashes with glazing bars, those
on 1st floor earlier than those on 2nd.
Outhouse behind No 133 is probably C17. Partly timber-framed. Chequer brick.
Rear tile-hung. Pitched old tile roof with 3 gables. 2 storeys. 3 sashes with
glazing bars on ground floor, 2 on lst floor. Open passageway at west end.
Nos 131 to 144 (consec) and Midland Bank form a group, with the Twon Hall and
Nos 1 to 12 (consec), opposite.
Listing NGR: SU1879369167
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings