This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.9468 / 52°56'48"N
Longitude: -2.1965 / 2°11'47"W
OS Eastings: 386890
OS Northings: 338846
OS Grid: SJ868388
Mapcode National: GBR 152.9GK
Mapcode Global: WHBD6.7686
Entry Name: Sutherland Monument
Listing Date: 10 January 1953
Last Amended: 25 April 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1038951
English Heritage Legacy ID: 272386
Location: Swynnerton, Stafford, Staffordshire, ST12
Civil Parish: Swynnerton
Traditional County: Staffordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Staffordshire
Church of England Parish: Tittensor St Luke
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
SWYNNERTON TITTENSOR HILL
(formerly listed as Column
to the First Duke of
Sutherland (in Trentham
SJ 83 NE 5/24 10.1.53.
1836. A lofty plain stone column on a drum pediment surmounted by a colossal bronze statue by Chantrey of the first Duke of Sutherland. Prominently sited on a hill at the south end of Trentham Park.
Listing NGR: SJ8689038846
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings