This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.277 / 51°16'37"N
Longitude: 0.1111 / 0°6'40"E
OS Eastings: 547347
OS Northings: 155207
OS Grid: TQ473552
Mapcode National: GBR LLH.YQJ
Mapcode Global: VHHPQ.W53F
Entry Name: The Green the Old Manor House, the Green
Listing Date: 10 September 1954
Last Amended: 16 January 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1039549
English Heritage Legacy ID: 356899
Location: Brasted, Sevenoaks, Kent, TN16
Civil Parish: Brasted
Built-Up Area: Brasted
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Brasted St Martin
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
5280 BRASTED BRASTED
No 1 The Green,
The Old Manor House, The Green; and
No 5, The Green
(Formerly listed as No 1
The Green, "The Olde Manor"
(Nos 2 & 3 The Green),
No 4 The Green]
TQ 4755 2/23 10.9.54.
Row of C16 or earlier 2-storey framed buildings. Irregular tiled roofs, Overhanging
plastered gable in centre with moulded crosspiece and carved pendants. Tiled
gable at right. Various C19 casements and 3 boarded doors, that of Old Manor
House under bracketed hood. At left 2-storey, 2-window extension with roof
hipped at left and continuing down to 1st floor level. Tile hung 1st floor,
6 brick courses and random rubble wall below which was a former garden wall.
Modern leaded casements. No 1 consists of thiss extension and one bay of the
old building. The Old Manor House is the remaining 3 bays. No 5 is a random
rubble wing at back of Old Manor House.
Swaylands, Swaylands Cottage, No 7, The Green, No 1 The Green, The Old Manor
House and No 5 TheGreen, and the Pump form a group.
Listing NGR: TQ4734755207
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings