This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.2149 / 51°12'53"N
Longitude: -0.7989 / 0°47'56"W
OS Eastings: 483988
OS Northings: 146872
OS Grid: SU839468
Mapcode National: GBR DB3.NV8
Mapcode Global: VHDY2.3QHJ
Entry Name: The Westminster Bank Ltd (Including South East Wing Behind, Facing on to the Car Park)
Listing Date: 29 December 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1044670
English Heritage Legacy ID: 290817
Location: Farnham, Waverley, Surrey, GU9
Civil Parish: Farnham
Built-Up Area: Farnham
Traditional County: Surrey
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Surrey
Church of England Parish: Farnham
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
1099 THE BOROUGH
(South East Side)
Nos 38 and 39
(The Westminster Bank Ltd)
(including south-east wing
behind, facing on to the
SU 8346 NE 5/108A
SU 8446 NW 6/108A
1865 [3 easternmost bays] and 1904 [2 westernmost bays]. This building closes
the vista down Castle Street from the north end and is listed for this reason.
3 storeys. 5 windows. Ground floor stuccoed, upper floors painted brick.
Stringcourses. Eaves bracket cornice and parapet. Windows in moulded architrave
surrounds with segmental heads and no glazing bars. The ground floor windows
are flanked by pilasters The 1st floor windows have pediments over, the 2nd
floor windows keystones.
Behind, at south-east end and facing west on to car park, a probably C17 range.
2 storeys and attic, Modern tile roof. Old brick front, partly refaced.
Southwards from north end: a projecting bay with one window only below; then
a bay of 2 storeys and attic with tile-hung gable, one attic window and dilapidated
windows below; to south again, and in recession; a much longer range with modern
brick above, old brick below. Cross shaped tie-plates. Timber-framing also
in east side of this wing.
The Borough front of the Bush Hotel and Nos 29 to 44 (consec) form a group.
Listing NGR: SU8401546888
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings