This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9979 / 51°59'52"N
Longitude: -1.4784 / 1°28'42"W
OS Eastings: 435906
OS Northings: 233402
OS Grid: SP359334
Mapcode National: GBR 6S2.R1S
Mapcode Global: VHBZ3.B18Q
Entry Name: Lincoln's Inn salfords
Listing Date: 8 December 1955
Last Amended: 9 November 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1046290
English Heritage Legacy ID: 244040
Location: Hook Norton, Cherwell, Oxfordshire, OX15
Civil Parish: Hook Norton
Built-Up Area: Hook Norton
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Hook Norton with Great Rollright and Swerford
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
HOOK NORTON EAST END
SP3533 (South side)
10/29 Salfords and Lincoln's Inn
08/12/55 (Formerly listed as
Two houses. C17. Coursed ironstone rubble with roof partly Welsh slate,
C20 tile and stone slates. 3 brick stacks, one on right end and 2 on the ridge
to left. 2 storeys plus attic. Four 3-light casements with chamfered lintels
to first floor, the casement on the right now blocked. Three 3-light
casements to ground floor. Blocked doorway and window to right of 2-storey
stair turret projection, which has gabled slated roof and 2-light casement with
wooden lintel. Entrance on left has C20 hood. Interior not inspected.
Michael Johnson rebuilt Salfords in C18. It appears to have been known as
Salfords in 1545.
(Dickins, M. - History of Hook Norton, 1928, p180).
Listing NGR: SP3590633402
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings