This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7554 / 51°45'19"N
Longitude: -1.2546 / 1°15'16"W
OS Eastings: 451546
OS Northings: 206566
OS Grid: SP515065
Mapcode National: GBR 8YY.TWS
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.64LM
Entry Name: Wadham College, South Block
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1046599
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245197
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holywell
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary the Virgin with St Cross with St Peter-in-the-East,
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
1485 WADHAM COLLEGE
SP 5106 NE 6/187C 12.1.54.
Now No 9 staircase. Built 1693-4 and further South of this a building of
probably 1796 which was converted to rooms circa 1827. The two are joined
by a stone gateway onto Parks Road. The facade of the North Wing completely
re-modelled and re-faced in Clipsham stone 1969.
Listing NGR: SP5154606566
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings