This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7547 / 51°45'16"N
Longitude: -1.2637 / 1°15'49"W
OS Eastings: 450920
OS Northings: 206474
OS Grid: SP509064
Mapcode National: GBR 7XL.Z7F
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.15S6
Entry Name: Worcester College, South Range with Pump Quadrangle and Old Kitchen
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1046604
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245206
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Jericho and Osney
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Barnabas with St Thomas the Martyr
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
South Range with
Pump Quadrangle and
SP 5006 SE 7/132D 12.1.54.
Consists of 4 blocks of camerae containing 6 chambers in all, built in Wheatley
stone at various times in C15 for various Benedictine monasteries; certain
remodelling took place in early C19. On the North front are four shields
of arms (some restored) of the abbeys of Pershore, Glastonbury, Canterbury,
and Malmesbury and a rebus of Compton.
Pump Quadrangle East and South ranges. C15. A top storey added in 1824.
Old Kitchen C15; the windows altered circa 1820 and converted to rooms in
Listing NGR: SP5092406478
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings