This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7529 / 51°45'10"N
Longitude: -1.2556 / 1°15'20"W
OS Eastings: 451480
OS Northings: 206283
OS Grid: SP514062
Mapcode National: GBR 8Z4.1C9
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.662K
Plus Code: 9C3WQP3V+5Q
Entry Name: Lincoln College, East Range and Chapel, Chapel Quadrangle
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1046701
English Heritage Legacy ID: 244970
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Carfax
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Michael and St Martin and All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
East Range and Chapel
SP 5106 SW 8/318E 12.1.54.
Built in 1629-31 partly at the cost of John Williams, Bishop of Lincoln.
The Chapel includes notable stained glass by Bernard Van Linge; the roof
was made circa 1701. The South and East sides are in Bath stone and the
Buttresses were rebuilt in 1886.
Listing NGR: SP5148006283
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings