This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7595 / 51°45'34"N
Longitude: -1.2648 / 1°15'53"W
OS Eastings: 450842
OS Northings: 207012
OS Grid: SP508070
Mapcode National: GBR 7XL.R1F
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.117H
Entry Name: Oxford Area Arts Council
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Last Amended: 25 May 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1047103
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245931
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX2
Electoral Ward/Division: Jericho and Osney
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Barnabas with St Thomas the Martyr
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
In the entry for WALTON STREET
2/102 (east side)
4/102 Church of St Paul
The address shall be mended to read WALTON STREET
Oxford Area Arts Council
The grade shall be amended to read II
Church of St Paul
SP 5007 SE 2/102 12.1.54.
SP 5006 NE 4/102
Built in 1836 to the Ionic designs of H J Underwood, architect, with James
Johnson as builder. It has a tetrastyle Ionic portico and a turret. Sanctuary
added in 1853 to design of E G Bruton, architect, with glass by Willement.
Vestry added by H W Moore in 1893. Alterations in 1904 and 1907. Font has
reliefs by Pusey. At present (1971) under threat of demolition and in extremely
bad condition. The facade is to be retained; this forms an important view
looking East up Great Clarendon street.
Listing NGR: SP5084207012
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings