This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7579 / 51°45'28"N
Longitude: -1.2606 / 1°15'38"W
OS Eastings: 451130
OS Northings: 206832
OS Grid: SP511068
Mapcode National: GBR 8YY.L47
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.32FR
Entry Name: 39a, St Giles Street
Listing Date: 28 June 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1047143
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245836
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Carfax
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Giles
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
ST GILES' STREET
1485 (West Side)
SP 5106 NW 5/510
House. The arms of Samuel Wilberforce, Bishop of Oxford 1846-69, in a Garter,
are over the North side doorway. 2-storeyed C19 ashlar in Tudor style with
a projecting 2-storeyed crested bays and a stone slated roof. Above the bays
are 2 gables, each with a 2-light stone-framed casement window in them.
There is plain glass in the stone mullioned and transomed windows in the
Nos 31 to 46 (consec) and Nos 49 to 56 (consec) form a group.
Listing NGR: SP5114406798
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings