This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7522 / 51°45'7"N
Longitude: -1.2572 / 1°15'25"W
OS Eastings: 451371
OS Northings: 206206
OS Grid: SP513062
Mapcode National: GBR 8Z4.0Z5
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.5763
Entry Name: 6, High Street
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1047311
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245468
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Carfax
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Michael and St Martin and All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
1. HIGH STREET
SP 5106 sw 8/308 12.1.54.
House and shop. Rebuilt in 1958 with modern shop front. Late C18, a good
and rare example in Oxford. 4-storeyed ashlar in a narrow front with a stone
band between the 1st and 2nd floors. The 1st floor has a good late C18 Venetian
window of delicacy, with pilasters and semi-circular fluted tympanun. The
2nd floor has a 1 sash window in a moulded stone frame with 2 coupled Doric
pilasters on each side and with moulded entablature above. The 3rd floor
has 1 sash window in a moulded stone frame with coupled plain pilasters joined
with the parapet above.
All the listed buildings on the North side form a group.
Listing NGR: SP5137406207
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings