This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7551 / 51°45'18"N
Longitude: -1.2616 / 1°15'41"W
OS Eastings: 451064
OS Northings: 206525
OS Grid: SP510065
Mapcode National: GBR 7XL.ZTB
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.24WW
Entry Name: 24-37, Beaumont Street
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1047375
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245326
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Carfax
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary Magdalen
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
Nos 24 to 37 (consec)
SP 5106 NW 5/134 12.1.54.
Laid out, with St John Street, as a unified terrace-type scheme in 1828-37
on the site of the ancient palace of Beaumont. 3 storeyed Bath stone fronts
in brick, with cellars, a moulded cornice and a small parapet. Some have
a mansard roof to an attic floor. There are 2 or 3 sash windows with glazing
bars in each floor, and most have iron balconies at the 1st floor, while
some have good verandah balconies. The doorways have semi-circular heads
and some have stone door frames with engaged columns and split pediments
(See also Nos 5 to 23 (consec).
All the listed buildings in Beaumont Street form a group.
Listing NGR: SP5106406525
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings