This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7738 / 51°46'25"N
Longitude: -1.3133 / 1°18'47"W
OS Eastings: 447478
OS Northings: 208575
OS Grid: SP474085
Mapcode National: GBR 7XB.QT1
Mapcode Global: VHCXM.6P21
Plus Code: 9C3WQMFP+GM
Entry Name: Church of All Saints,gateways and Attached Walls Approximately 15 Metres North West of Porch
Listing Date: 24 June 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1048275
English Heritage Legacy ID: 249844
Location: Wytham, Vale of White Horse, Oxfordshire, OX2
District: Vale of White Horse
Civil Parish: Wytham
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Wytham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
10/167 Church of All Saints, gateways
and attached walls approx.
15m. NW of porch
Gateway, formerly postern of Cumnor Place. Late C16. Limestone. Two-centred arch
with trefoiled spandrels, casement-moulded architrave and Roman inscription on
frieze of brattished entablature. Early C19 wall of dressed limestone runs
approx. l0m. to left and joins rubble wall at right angles which runs approx.
l3m. to other gateway dated A.D.1570; two-centred arch, moulded architrave and
cornice. The doorways were moved to Wytham from Cumnor Place, demolished 1811 -
see Church of All Saints (q.v.), Wytham.
Listing NGR: SP4748308587
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings