This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.5951 / 52°35'42"N
Longitude: -2.5586 / 2°33'31"W
OS Eastings: 362256
OS Northings: 299849
OS Grid: SO622998
Mapcode National: GBR BS.9NS6
Mapcode Global: WH9DM.N1TB
Entry Name: Premises Occupied by Barclays Bank
Listing Date: 24 October 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1053818
English Heritage Legacy ID: 254806
Location: Much Wenlock, Shropshire, TF13
Civil Parish: Much Wenlock
Built-Up Area: Much Wenlock
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Much Wenlock with Bourton
Church of England Diocese: Hereford
1954 MUCH WENLOCK
by Barclay's Bank)
SO 69 NW (SJ 6200) 6/44 24.10.50.
Early C17. Timber frame and whitewashed brick; 2 storeys plus attic;
2 modern moulded wood mullioned and transomed eight-light wlndows, 2 ditto
below with 2 small lights at centre; modern moulded wood doorcase raised
on steps to side; plain gable; corbelled wood eaves; 2 dormers; stack
with diagonal brick shafts; timber framed wing over passage-way to left-hand
of rear. Good Jacobean staircase. Formerly the Falcon Inn.
Nos 9 to 34 (consec), Gaskell Arms Hotel, and The Old Vicarage form a
Listing NGR: SO6226399845
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings