This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.1488 / 51°8'55"N
Longitude: 0.8722 / 0°52'19"E
OS Eastings: 600980
OS Northings: 142760
OS Grid: TR009427
Mapcode National: GBR RWP.Z76
Mapcode Global: VHKKN.2DG5
Entry Name: The Doctor Wilks Memorial Hall
Listing Date: 24 September 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1071118
English Heritage Legacy ID: 179911
Location: Ashford, Kent, TN23
Electoral Ward/Division: Victoria
Built-Up Area: Ashford (Ashford)
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
5344 THE CHURCHYARD
The Doctor Wilks
TR 0042 NE 2/47 24.9.51.
Originally the Grammar School, founded by Sir Norton Knatchbull in 1635 and moved
to another site in 1874. Red brick on a stone base. Gable. Large window with
dripstone over. Above it is a recessed panel with the date 1635 on it. The interior
is more or less as designed, with its original fixtures.
All the items in the Churchyard form a group, together with Nos 51 to 61 (odd)
61A, 63 to 67 (odd). 67A, 69 to 71 (odd). 75 and the rear part of No 75, High Street.
Listing NGR: TR0098042760
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings