This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4797 / 52°28'46"N
Longitude: -0.9231 / 0°55'23"W
OS Eastings: 473235
OS Northings: 287403
OS Grid: SP732874
Mapcode National: GBR BSB.FFX
Mapcode Global: VHDQS.YXCZ
Entry Name: Manor House Buildings
Listing Date: 25 July 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1074415
English Heritage Legacy ID: 189666
Location: Harborough, Leicestershire, LE16
Electoral Ward/Division: Market Harborough-Logan
Built-Up Area: Market Harborough
Traditional County: Leicestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Leicestershire
Church of England Parish: Market Harborough St Dionysius
Church of England Diocese: Leicester
(Manor House Buildings)
SP 7387 1/16 25.7.52.
1738 but with earlier rear. Fine facade of red brick with stone dressings. 3 storeys,
the upper storey has Roman Doric pilasters flanking centre windows. Stone quoins.
Stone capped brick chimney stacks. Triglyph frieze and moulded pediment over centre.
Moulded stone cornice and brick parapet with stone panels. 5 windows (with a small
window over north side passage). Centre windows all with moulded stone shouldered
architraves, centre 1st floor has a pulvinated frieze and moulded cornice. All
other windows have segmental arches and moulded stone architraves. Ground floor
altered in 1897. Central doorway with rusticated pilasters and segmental arched
windows. Fine staircase with 3 fluted and turned balusters on each step. Carved
and ramped handrail with scrolled ends. Panelling. C18 panelled rooms at front
of house, one with enriched cornice, another with plainer cornice. Plasterwork,
landing ceiling has 2 large plaster roundels with low relief moulding. Archway.
Fireplaces and 6-panelled doors. Rear wing has roof with substantial purlins and
possibly crucks (now clad in modern timber). Rear has 2-storey Queen Anne stone
facade facing cobbled courtyard. Reset beam dated 1603. Ref.V.C.H
Listing NGR: SP7323587403
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings