This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.4299 / 52°25'47"N
Longitude: -1.9356 / 1°56'8"W
OS Eastings: 404476
OS Northings: 281330
OS Grid: SP044813
Mapcode National: GBR 5RV.HT
Mapcode Global: VH9Z8.D6L1
Entry Name: The Rest House
Listing Date: 21 January 1970
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1075548
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217164
Location: Birmingham, B30
Electoral Ward/Division: Bournville
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Bournville
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
The Rest House
SP 0481 SW 55/1 21.1.70
Erected 1914 to commemorate the Silver Wedding of Mr and Mrs George Cadbury the
previous year. By W Alexander Harvey. Brick with stone dressings; tiled roof.
Modelled on the Farm Market, Dunster, Somerset, but closed not open. Octagonal with
3-light mullioned windows with, above, projecting gables with 2-light mullioned
windows. The 2 tiers of windows are separated by deeply overhanging eaves supported
on brackets. The steep-pitched roof is surmounted by a small glazed lantern with
elaborate metal weathervane.
Listing NGR: SP0447681330
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings