This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.4853 / 52°29'7"N
Longitude: -1.9128 / 1°54'46"W
OS Eastings: 406019
OS Northings: 287491
OS Grid: SP060874
Mapcode National: GBR 5X6.KZ
Mapcode Global: VH9YW.SSNM
Entry Name: 33-36, Albion Street B1
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1075758
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216713
Location: Birmingham, B1
Electoral Ward/Division: Ladywood
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Birmingham St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
Nos 33 to 36 (consec)
SP 0687 NW 24/38
SP 0687 SW 28/1
Circa 1830, originally a symmetrical composition of 4 houses with No 36 and
No 37 projecting as wings. No 37 is now so altered as to be unlistable.
Three storeys stucco faced. Two bays to No 33 and 2 each to Nos 34 and 36
with lower 2-storey extension probably former gig houses since altered. Ground
floors consistently chanelled up to first floor sill band. No 33, the wing,
has the 2 bays of upper floors articulated by Soanian incised panel pilaster
strips, plain parapet with coping. Low hipped slate roof to main block of Nos 34
to 36 with moulded bed to flat eaves. Revealed glazing bar sash windows.
No 34 has round headed doorway, 4 panel door with fanlight, pilaster strips
with consoles to the projecting cornice. No 36 has a good doorway with panelled
door and radial glazed fanlight flanked by engaged slender columns with oval
panelled sections of entablature and open pediment. An early survival of
domestic architecture in the jewelling quarter later altered to workshop use.
Listing NGR: SP0601787490
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings