This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.486 / 52°29'9"N
Longitude: -1.9112 / 1°54'40"W
OS Eastings: 406127
OS Northings: 287565
OS Grid: SP061875
Mapcode National: GBR 5X6.XQ
Mapcode Global: VH9YW.TSH3
Entry Name: 60, 62 and 64, Vittoria Street B1
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1076109
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217717
Location: Birmingham, B1
Electoral Ward/Division: Ladywood
Parish: Non Civil Parish
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Birmingham St Paul
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
SP 0687 NW
Nos 60, 62 and 64
Corner site with Regent Street. C1820-30 early jewellery quarter works with
5 bay front to Vittoria Street and 3 bay return to Regent street extended for
8 bays in a wing of similar style in 1881; architect Douglas J Williams.
Three storeys warm red brick, 3 bay centre break to Vittoria Street and inset
curved corner with Regent Street. Low hipped slate roof. A simple function
design relying on the quality of the brickwork. Revealed glazing bar sashes
to ground and first floors with flat gauged arches. Iron framed small pane
windows to second floor workshops with cambered arches. Rubbed brick arches
to windows in 1881 extension but otherwise the same as original building.
Tripartite windows above works entrance. Plain office doorway in stucco
frame. A complete example of a jewellery quarter workshop building holding
an important corner site.
Listing NGR: SP0612787565
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings