This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.4796 / 52°28'46"N
Longitude: -1.8995 / 1°53'58"W
OS Eastings: 406924
OS Northings: 286855
OS Grid: SP069868
Mapcode National: GBR 609.H0
Mapcode Global: VH9YX.1Y51
Entry Name: Albert Chambers trocadero
Listing Date: 8 July 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1076130
English Heritage Legacy ID: 217671
Location: Birmingham, B2
Electoral Ward/Division: Ladywood
Built-Up Area: Birmingham
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Cathedral Church of St Philip Birmingham
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
5104 City Centre B2
SP 0686 NE 33/36
Mid C19, altered in the late C19. Ground floor of yellow tiles with some
green and brown decorative work; upper storeys stuccoed. Three storeys;
3 bays, the outer 2 advanced and with boldly cut quoins left and right.
Ground floor with plasters carrying an entablature with mosaic frieze in
which 'Trpcadeo', garlands and 'Albert Chambers' and a dentilled cornice.
Within this framework is set a modern front between, on the left, an original
wide arched entrance flanked by columns with stained glass windows above
and, on the right, a subsidiary entrance to the chambers above. First
and second floors each with 4 windows, those of the first floor with a
moulded cornice running across their heads, those of the second floor with
moulded sills and, the centre 2, with big blocks above them. All window
sashes complete with glazing bars. Heavily bracketted moulded eaves cornice.
Only vestigial remains inside of the decoration of circa 1900.
Listing NGR: SP0692486855
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings