This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.2373 / 52°14'14"N
Longitude: -2.3562 / 2°21'22"W
OS Eastings: 375772
OS Northings: 259956
OS Grid: SO757599
Mapcode National: GBR 0D1.R40
Mapcode Global: VH92K.31Q7
Entry Name: Parish Hall and Caretaker's House
Listing Date: 21 September 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1082958
English Heritage Legacy ID: 151636
Location: Martley, Malvern Hills, Worcestershire, WR6
District: Malvern Hills
Civil Parish: Martley
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Martley
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
SO 75 NE MARTLEY B 4204 (s.w. side)
6/103 Parish Hall and
Formerly The Chantry School and master's house, now parish hall and care-
taker's house. Dated: "The Chantry School 1913", by Corlette and Nicholson
of Lincolns Inn, London (signed perspective drawing hanging in building).
Timber-frame with brick infill on brick plinth, plain tile and copper roof,
stack to left, and stack off centre right in ridge. Basically an H-plan
with class rooms in right and centre range, house to left. Right cross-
wing gabled, also gable to left, both gables weatherboarded. 1 1/2 storeys,
6 windows of varying sizes, mainly small pine casements, 2 large ones (one
to school hall gable, to right, other one to right of master's house).
Entrance to left to house, and to right in angle with cross-wing a copper
roofed porch with moulded cornice.
Listing NGR: SO7577259956
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings