This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4417 / 51°26'29"N
Longitude: 0.3713 / 0°22'16"E
OS Eastings: 564900
OS Northings: 174073
OS Grid: TQ649740
Mapcode National: GBR NMK.JPT
Mapcode Global: VHJLK.D155
Entry Name: Roman Catholic Church of St John the Evangelist. School Adjoining the Roman Catholic Church of St John the Evangelist to the North West
Listing Date: 3 July 1975
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089027
English Heritage Legacy ID: 356395
Location: Gravesham, Kent, DA12
Electoral Ward/Division: Central
Built-Up Area: Gravesend
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Gravesend St George
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
5277 MILTON ROAD
(South West Side)
Roman Catholic Church of
St John the Evangelist.
School adjoining the Roman
Catholic Church of St John
the Evangelist to the north east.
TQ 6474 SE 1/127
Built as an Anglican church in 1834 and changed to Catholic use in 1851. Built
of stock brick with stone dressings. Canted apse. Nave and aisles. Buttresses.
Tall stock brick tower with saddleback roof added in 1872-3 by Goldie and Child.
Statue of the Virgin Mary in niche. 6 bay nave with double lancets having quatrefoil
motif. Slender cast iron columns to interior.
Nos 153 to 158 (consec), the Roman Catholic Church of St John the Evangelist and
School adjoining form a group. (Nos 154 to 156 (consec) are local interest buildings).
Listing NGR: TQ6490074073
Other nearby listed buildings