This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.445 / 51°26'41"N
Longitude: 0.3698 / 0°22'11"E
OS Eastings: 564784
OS Northings: 174437
OS Grid: TQ647744
Mapcode National: GBR NMK.B9N
Mapcode Global: VHJLC.CYC5
Entry Name: The Three Daws Public House
Listing Date: 23 January 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089052
English Heritage Legacy ID: 356355
Location: Gravesham, Kent, DA11
Electoral Ward/Division: Pelham
Built-Up Area: Gravesend
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Church of England Parish: Gravesend St George
Church of England Diocese: Rochester
5277 HIGH STREET
The Three Daws
TQ 6474 SE 1/3 23.1.52.
This is probably the oldest licensed house in the town. This consists of a central
portion of 3 storeys which is C18 and 2 extensions of 2 storeys which are early
C19. 6 windows facing Town Quay, 3 windows facing East Street and 2 windows facing
the river. The centre portion is stuccoed and the end portions are fronted with
weatherboarding. Tiled roof. Mansard roof to centre portion. Glazing bars intact
above the ground floor, which has a C19 bar front with pilasters and risers. The
East Street front of the building has been refaced with brown brick in the C19
with a stuccoed cornice and parapet, 2 dormers and a slate roof.
Forms a group with the Town Pier and Nos 2 to 5 (consec), Town Pier.
Listing NGR: TQ6478574449
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings