This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7452 / 51°44'42"N
Longitude: -1.7144 / 1°42'51"W
OS Eastings: 419815
OS Northings: 205201
OS Grid: SP198052
Mapcode National: GBR 4S6.KCV
Mapcode Global: VHC04.7DJH
Entry Name: 40-44
Listing Date: 5 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1089194
English Heritage Legacy ID: 127452
Location: Eastleach, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Eastleach
Built-Up Area: Eastleach Martin
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Eastleach St Andrew
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
EASTLEACH EASTLEACH TURVILLE
13/204 Nos 40 to 44 (consec)
Former almshouses, now row of 5 houses. 1875 for T.S. Bazley.
Coursed rock-faced rubble limestone; rubble chimneys; Welsh slate
roof. Two-storey row; last house returns to south at west end;
clock tower in angle. Parallel outbuilding range to rear linked at
west end. Front: 4 houses in row set up pattern of gabled and
raking dormers, catslide roof extended over 2 porches. Three-light
mullioned casements, those below gables with stepped heads. Three
ridge-mounted chimneys. West end: single-storey link at corner
with clock tower behind having diagonal set top; spirelet in 2
parts with timber belfry opening. Interiors not inspected.
Listing NGR: SP1981505201
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings