This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.8519 / 50°51'6"N
Longitude: -0.9806 / 0°58'50"W
OS Eastings: 471852
OS Northings: 106311
OS Grid: SU718063
Mapcode National: GBR BCN.JW1
Mapcode Global: FRA 86TV.CRT
Entry Name: 10, the Pallant
Listing Date: 16 May 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1092127
English Heritage Legacy ID: 135442
Location: Havant, Hampshire, PO9
Electoral Ward/Division: St Faith's
Built-Up Area: Havant
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Havant St Faith
Church of England Diocese: Portsmouth
SU 7106 HAVANT THE PALLANT
10/8 No. 10
Dissenting chapel, now a warehouse, 1718. Brick with a tile roof. Hipped
roof. Symmetrical front (north) of red brickwork in Flemish bond with
blue headers, parapet with recessed panels on each side of a Venetian frame,
having entablature and pilasters of carved brickwork, eaves level band,
2 large windows with rubbed red arches with stone key and impost blocks.
Above the doorway is an oval rendered panel, with a rubbed red brick surround
and 4 keys. The doorway is a plain rubbed arch with key and impost blocks.
The side (east and west) elevations have 2 round-headed windows, and a wider
(segmental arched) window in a later southward extension; the 1st part has
red brickwork in Monk bond, the later has Flemish bond with blue headers.
Casements, 2 filled openings in the south wall. Sliding, rail-hung front
Listing NGR: SU7184806333
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings