This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.2476 / 51°14'51"N
Longitude: -0.7593 / 0°45'33"W
OS Eastings: 486693
OS Northings: 150551
OS Grid: SU866505
Mapcode National: GBR D9S.LW3
Mapcode Global: VHDXW.SXG0
Entry Name: Church of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 19 December 1980
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1092621
English Heritage Legacy ID: 137825
Location: Rushmoor, Hampshire, GU11
Electoral Ward/Division: Wellington
Built-Up Area: Aldershot
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Aldershot Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Guildford
Church of the Holy
SU 8650 5/1 19.12.80
1875-78. The first church to be built in the new town, by Sidney Stapley.
A simple design of nave (5 bays) and chancel (2 bays), expressed in a non-
elaborate Early English style. Steep slate roof, finials to gables. Stone
walling in coursed rubble with ashlar dressings; buttresses, plinth. Windows
are generally triple lancets, with a large Geometrical window in the western
gable. West porch with moulded arches; north porch of simpler style.
Listing NGR: SU8608751108
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings