History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

9, Burton Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire

9, Burton Street, Melton Mowbray

Uploader's Comments

This, the Vicarage of Melton Mowbray for at least 300 years to 1899, is mentioned in documents of 1609 and 1660 and was remodelled before 1760 by Rev.Thomas Middleton. The front bays and gables and rear wings date from later C19 remodellings. From 1899 until the 1st World War, the Vicarage was let as a hunting box. It then became the Blakeney Institute. In the second part of C20 it was the Melton Mowbray offices of the Leicester Mercury newspaper. In the first years of C21 the Citizens Advice Bureau was in the right hand office. (Photo Mar 2007).

Uploaded by Andrew H Jackson on 22 July 2012

Photo Navigator

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.