This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7345 / 51°44'4"N
Longitude: 0.4726 / 0°28'21"E
OS Eastings: 570835
OS Northings: 206864
OS Grid: TL708068
Mapcode National: GBR PKK.69Z
Mapcode Global: VHJK2.4NPQ
Entry Name: Statue of Sir Nicholas Conyngham Tindal
Listing Date: 20 May 1949
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1099160
English Heritage Legacy ID: 352596
Location: Chelmsford, Essex, CM1
Electoral Ward/Division: Moulsham and Central
Built-Up Area: Chelmsford
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Cathedral Church of St Mary the Virgin, St Peter and St Cedd
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
5213 TINDAL SQUARE
Sir Nicholas Conyngham
TL 7006 NE 3/37 20.5.49.
Erected in 1850. South-west of Shire Hall and north of Tindal Street in central
position in Tindal Square, by E H Bailey. A bronze seated figure in judges
robes on stone pedestal with inscription. Four corner terminals. N C Tindal
1776-1846 born in Chelmsford and educated at Grammar School. Became Solicitor-
General and Chief Justice of Common Pleas. Figures in several celebrated cases
Listing NGR: TL7083506864
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings