This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.3903 / 52°23'25"N
Longitude: -2.2425 / 2°14'32"W
OS Eastings: 383594
OS Northings: 276946
OS Grid: SO835769
Mapcode National: GBR 1CS.3W0
Mapcode Global: VH91V.25VY
Entry Name: Church of St George
Listing Date: 20 October 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1100088
English Heritage Legacy ID: 156446
Location: Kidderminster, Wyre Forest, Worcestershire, DY10
District: Wyre Forest
Town: Wyre Forest
Civil Parish: Kidderminster
Built-Up Area: Kidderminster
Traditional County: Worcestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Worcestershire
Church of England Parish: Kidderminster East
Church of England Diocese: Worcester
5250 (north side)
Church of St George
SO 8376 1/30 20.10.52
1821-4 by Francis Goodwin. Commissioners' church in Perpendicular Gothic.
Bath stone. A spectacular composition with good west tower, cast iron tracery
to bell openings, and with a rose window of cast iron tracery. The interior
burnt out in 1924 and restored by Sir Giles G Scott.
Listing NGR: SO8359476946
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings