This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6401 / 51°38'24"N
Longitude: -0.4775 / 0°28'39"W
OS Eastings: 505450
OS Northings: 194577
OS Grid: TQ054945
Mapcode National: GBR 0Y.B9D
Mapcode Global: VHFSR.N1XH
Entry Name: Parsonage Farm House
Listing Date: 26 July 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1100834
English Heritage Legacy ID: 158883
Location: Three Rivers, Hertfordshire, WD3
District: Three Rivers
Town: Three Rivers
Electoral Ward/Division: Rickmansworth Town
Built-Up Area: Rickmansworth
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Rickmansworth
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TQ 09 SE RICKMANSWORTH TOWNFIELD
9/239 Parsonage Farm House
House, now 5 dwellings. C17 extended in C18, altered C20. Timber frame,
extended in brick. Whitewashed and roughcast. Tiled roofs. Originally
probably a 3 by 2 bay L shaped house, extended with a 2nd cross wing and
an C18 front range. 2 storeys and attics. 5 bay front. Ground floor
projects forward with a central entrance in a pedimented doorcase,
panelled pilasters, brackets, semi-circular traceried fanlight. Plinth.
Slightly canted outer bays with segmental headed sashes, full height to
centre. First floor segmental headed sashes with key blocks, that to
centre larger and flanked by pilaster strips with moulded caps. Similar
pilaster strips at ends. Oversailing brick courses at eaves. 4 hipped
dormers. End stacks. 2 bay left return with a sash and casements, plat
band. Right return has lean-to with entrance leading to earlier rear
range which extends further to both ends. Scattered fenestration, sashes
and casements. Entrance in right gable end. Brick base, exposed plates
and purlins. Ridge stack, probably external originally, rebuilt with
corbelled out triangular projections and a moulded cap. Rear has an
external stack with offsets. Gable of original cross wing which extended
into what is now C18 front range is to left of centre with exposed
plates and purlins. To rear right later cross wing extends with a lower
ridge, ground floor brick, rendered and roughcast above. External end
stack with offsets. A further 1 storey brick dairy outshut to rear with
a half-hipped roof. Returning behind house a weatherboarded range.
Interior: on original outer wall to which C18 block was added a C17 3
light ovolo moulded timber mullioned window frame. Queen struts to
collars clasping purlins, curved windbraces. (RCHM 1910: Pevsner 1977).
Listing NGR: TQ0545094577
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Source links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.
Other nearby listed buildings