This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.6402 / 51°38'24"N
Longitude: -0.4653 / 0°27'55"W
OS Eastings: 506293
OS Northings: 194608
OS Grid: TQ062946
Mapcode National: GBR 1S.7CJ
Mapcode Global: VHFSR.W1CF
Entry Name: St Joan of Arcs Convent High School
Listing Date: 26 July 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1100848
English Heritage Legacy ID: 158809
Location: Three Rivers, Hertfordshire, WD3
District: Three Rivers
Town: Three Rivers
Electoral Ward/Division: Rickmansworth Town
Built-Up Area: Rickmansworth
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Rickmansworth
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
TQ 09 SE RICKMANSWORTH HIGH STREET
9/166 St. Joan of Arc's
26.7.51 Convent High School
House, now school. c.1720-30. Red brick, tiled roof. 5 bays. 2 storeys
and attic. Central entrance: 6 fielded panelled door, panelled reveals,
moulded lintel and jambs, Ionic doorcase with engaged fluted columns,
pediment. Glazing bar sashes in shallow reveals, gauged brick flat
arched heads. 9 pane sashes in attic. Moulded brick plinth and cornice.
Stone coped parapet. To rear: central entrance, panelled reveals, carved
brackets to hood, moulded architrave. Glazing bar sashes with cambered
heads. Ground floor canted bay added to right in C19. Left return plain
with a projecting addition. Set back to right are 3 storey additions of
1929 not of special interest. Interior: open well stair with carved
cheek pieces, moulded handrail, renewed balusters. Formerly The Elms,
home of George Eliot.
Listing NGR: TQ0629394608
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings