This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7521 / 51°45'7"N
Longitude: -1.2504 / 1°15'1"W
OS Eastings: 451840
OS Northings: 206204
OS Grid: SP518062
Mapcode National: GBR 8Z4.2PF
Mapcode Global: VHCXV.87T4
Entry Name: University Examination Schools
Listing Date: 12 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1115427
English Heritage Legacy ID: 245514
Location: Oxford, Oxfordshire, OX1
Electoral Ward/Division: Holywell
Built-Up Area: Oxford
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Oxford St Mary the Virgin with St Cross with St Peter-in-the-East,
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
University Examination Schools
SP 5106 SE 9/411 12.1.54.
Built in 1876-8 to the design of Sir T G Jackson in the style of a Jacobean
mansion in Clipsham stone with a Stonesfield slate roof. Some Headington
hardstone was re-used for the plinths. The lst use of Clipsham stone in
Oxford. 2 storeys, 5-light mullion and transom windows.
All the listed buildings on the South Side form a groupo.
Listing NGR: SP5184006204
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings