This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.7263 / 51°43'34"N
Longitude: 0.4666 / 0°27'59"E
OS Eastings: 570456
OS Northings: 205947
OS Grid: TL704059
Mapcode National: GBR PKJ.QSX
Mapcode Global: VHJK2.1VKZ
Entry Name: 119-124, Moulsham Street
Listing Date: 20 May 1949
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1121930
English Heritage Legacy ID: 352532
Location: Chelmsford, Essex, CM2
Electoral Ward/Division: Moulsham and Central
Built-Up Area: Chelmsford
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Moulsham St John the Evangelist
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
5213 MOULSHAM STREET
Nos 119 to 124 (consec)
TL 70 NW 7/16 20.5.49.
Almshouses founded by Thos Mildmay, 1545, rebuilt by William Mildmay, 1758.
Red brick of 2 storeys and projecting, pedimented, central portion, 2 course
projecting brick string at eaves. Whole raised above road level and approached
by a ramp. Six window range with 6 blind recesses at 1st floor, cambered brick
arches and brick sills and brick sill band at ground floor. Six doors. Roof
hipped and peg-tiled, with pantiles to front gable. Three chimney stacks on
rear roof slope.
Listing NGR: TL7045605947
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings