This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8867 / 51°53'12"N
Longitude: 0.5568 / 0°33'24"E
OS Eastings: 576055
OS Northings: 223998
OS Grid: TL760239
Mapcode National: GBR PHQ.PL1
Mapcode Global: VHJJB.LVQ0
Entry Name: 54 and 56, 56a, Bradford Street
Listing Date: 25 October 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1122517
English Heritage Legacy ID: 113684
Location: Braintree, Essex, CM7
Electoral Ward/Division: Bocking Blackwater
Built-Up Area: Braintree
Traditional County: Essex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Essex
Church of England Parish: Bocking St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Chelmsford
25.10.51 Nos 54 and 56
TL 7623 2/16
TL 7624 3/16
A range of C16 - C17 timber-framed and plastered houses. The north part (Nos
56 and 56A) was refronted in the C18, with a parapet and cornice. 2 storeys.
5 window range. The 1st storey has C2O 3-light casements and the ground storey
has 4 3-light bays. No 56A has a shop front (C20). No 56 has a central 6-panel
door in a wood doorcase with panelled reveals, pilasters and a dentilled pediment.
A wing extends to the east at the north end facing on to Phillips Chase, with
a cart entrance. Roofs tiled. The interiors have some exposed timber-framing
and ceiling beams, some carved. RCHM (44).
All the listed buildings from No 24 to no 56A on the east side
form a group with No 37 to No 89 (with Nos 57, 61, 61A) on the west side.
Listing NGR: TL7605523998
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings