This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.6291 / 51°37'44"N
Longitude: -0.7511 / 0°45'4"W
OS Eastings: 486539
OS Northings: 192997
OS Grid: SU865929
Mapcode National: GBR D54.WCT
Mapcode Global: VHDW4.X9SY
Entry Name: Premises Occupied by Midland Bank
Listing Date: 9 January 1954
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125187
English Heritage Legacy ID: 46011
Location: Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, HP11
Electoral Ward/Division: Abbey
Built-Up Area: High Wycombe
Traditional County: Buckinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Buckinghamshire
Church of England Parish: High Wycombe All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
Premises occupied by
SU 8692 NE 1/16
SU 8693 SE 2/16 9.1.54.
C18, slightly altered by ground floor modern refronting of rusticated ashlar
filth modern door and windows, generally in character. Upper storeys of
red and grey chequer brickwork with chamfered red brick quoins. Old tiled
roof with wooden moulded and modillioned cornice. Small casement box dormer.
3 windows, central one blocked on each floor, outer ones sashes in reveals
with glazing bars; 1st floor moulded brick cornice heads above flat arches,
central brick moulded eared architrave with pulvinated frieze, dentil cornice
and pediment. Modern similar back wing.
Nos 1 to 5 (consec), The Little Market House, Guildhall, Premises occupied
by Midland Bank and The Falcon Hotel form a group.
Listing NGR: SU8653892995
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings