This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.2032 / 52°12'11"N
Longitude: 0.1183 / 0°7'5"E
OS Eastings: 544852
OS Northings: 258221
OS Grid: TL448582
Mapcode National: GBR L79.SV6
Mapcode Global: VHHK3.0WCD
Entry Name: Corpus Christi College, the Buildings Surrounding the Old and New Courts Including the Master's Lodge
Listing Date: 26 April 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1125553
English Heritage Legacy ID: 47120
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB2
Electoral Ward/Division: Market
Built-Up Area: Cambridge
Traditional County: Cambridgeshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Cambridge St Benedict
Church of England Diocese: Ely
CORPUS CHRISTI COLLEGE
The Buildings surrounding
the Old and New Courts
including the Master's Lodge
TL 4458 SE 6/256 26.4.50.
The Old Court 1352-76. The oldest buildings in Cambridge designed for
College use, and still substantially complete. Rubble with clunch dressings;
2 storeys and attic. Some original windows and doorways, some altered.
Many C17 and C18 interior fittings. Tiled roofs. Sundial on North wall.
2 cast-iron lamp brackets with lanterns, 3 without. Modern bay-window
on south range, 5 lights with stone mullions and transom, leaded lattice
casements. The south range includes the Hall of 1825-6, see New Court.
The Gallery circa 1500. Stone and brick, two storeys with the gallery
above. St Benet's Church was the original college chapel. (RCHM).
The New Court 1823-27. By William Wilkins. Ketton stone ashlar and white
brick. 3 storeys and attics (RCHM).
The Chapel By William Wilkins with alterations in 1870 by Sir Arthur Blomfield.
2 windows of Rhenish glass circa 1510-15. (RCHM).
The Master's Lodge By William Wilkins. Contemporary interior features.
Listing NGR: TL4485258220
Other nearby listed buildings