This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.5892 / 50°35'20"N
Longitude: -4.8672 / 4°52'1"W
OS Eastings: 197147
OS Northings: 80527
OS Grid: SW971805
Mapcode National: GBR ZR.TW8S
Mapcode Global: FRA 07PH.X8P
Entry Name: Guys Cottage quin Cottage
Listing Date: 26 June 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1129880
English Heritage Legacy ID: 351446
Location: St. Endellion, Cornwall, PL29
Civil Parish: St. Endellion
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Endellion
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 98 SE ST ENDELLION PORTQUIN
1/114 Guys Cottage and Quin Cottage
Pair of cottages. Probably remodelled in 1828 (datestone) by M. Guy. Stone rubble
with large dressed quoins on left-hand side. Slate roof with half-hipped ends. 2
axial brick chimney stacks in centre of ridge with remains of projecting stone rubble
truncated chimney stack with set-offs on right-hand side wall.
Plan uncertain and right-hand walls suggests remodelling and considerable rebuilding
of an earlier building. Present building of double depth plan with 2 entrances in
altered openings on right and left of front elevation.
2 storeys and attic asymmetrical 4-window front. Ground floor with 2 C20 stable-type
plank doors with timber lintels to right and left. 4 sash windows asymmetrically
placed between with brick segmental arches with 12- and 16-pane sashes,2 without
horns. Third window with plaque M GUY above.
The masonry below these windows and the embedded timber lintels above indicate
several alterations. First floor with 12-pane sash on left directly below eaves and
three 12-pane horned sashes with brick segmental arches to right. 3-light casement
window in full dormer with raked roof.
Interior not accessible.
Listing NGR: SW9714780527
Other nearby listed buildings