This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1272 / 53°7'38"N
Longitude: -2.8715 / 2°52'17"W
OS Eastings: 341783
OS Northings: 359251
OS Grid: SJ417592
Mapcode National: GBR 7B.6YW2
Mapcode Global: WH88M.VNTG
Entry Name: Thatched Cottage (Left of a Pair)
Listing Date: 1 June 1967
Last Amended: 2 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1129911
English Heritage Legacy ID: 55221
Location: Aldford, Cheshire West and Chester, CH3
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Aldford and Saighton
Built-Up Area: Aldford
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Aldford St John the Baptist
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 45 NW
Thatched Cottage (left of a pair)
Formerly listed as Black & White thatched cottage
Cottage, early C17. Brick-nogged oak frame with thatched roof; the
jettied gable facing the road is plastered; the two-window front is to
the garden, left. The Gothick cottage (The Thatched Cottage, Right of
a Pair, q.v.) is built against its back.
Two storeys. The oak frame is of small, rectangular panels with arch
bracing in the upper storey at ends and centre. Some timbers are
replaced by brickwork, painted in. Early C19 iron lattice casements
in timber sub-frames. Front door of wide boards. A modern chimney,
The interior contains chamfered oak beams and some doors of wide
boards, but internal alterations and decoration make the original
structure difficult to identify.
Listing NGR: SJ 41783 59251
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings