This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.1436 / 53°8'37"N
Longitude: -2.8752 / 2°52'30"W
OS Eastings: 341557
OS Northings: 361080
OS Grid: SJ415610
Mapcode National: GBR 7B.5XS9
Mapcode Global: WH88M.T71V
Entry Name: The Garden House
Listing Date: 2 November 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1129924
English Heritage Legacy ID: 55249
Location: Eaton, Cheshire West and Chester, CH4
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Eaton and Eccleston
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Eccleston St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 4161 EATON C.P. ECCLESTON APPROACH
(East of) Eaton Park
8/53 The Garden House
(Formerly The Bothy)
Bothy (now a house), 1893, by Douglas & Minshull for 1st Duke of
Westminster. Stone-dressed red brick with half-timbering to third
storey and porch gable. Graded Westmorland green slate roofs with red
tile ridges. Cross-gabled 3 storey element, left, with long 1½ storey
wing, right. 3 ornate brick chimneys with moulded circular flues.
One simpler chimney with octagonal stack. Some blue diapering.
Projecting porch at left end with basket arch, recessed door and
glazed screen with arched timber heads. Ornate stone surrounds and
mullions to windows, including 3 half-dormers to upper storey of right
wing. Richly carved window surrounds, mullions, brackets and
bargeboards to half-timbered portions. Leaded glazing in metal
A good composition, lavishly detailed, in Jacobethan style.
Interior: Not inspected.
Listing NGR: SJ4155961081
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings