History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

L Shaped Range of Farm Building Attached by Wall to High Ash Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Tushingham-cum-Grindley, Macefen and Bradley, Cheshire West and Chester

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9989 / 52°59'55"N

Longitude: -2.7202 / 2°43'12"W

OS Eastings: 351764

OS Northings: 344859

OS Grid: SJ517448

Mapcode National: GBR 7J.H5RM

Mapcode Global: WH899.5WYC

Entry Name: L Shaped Range of Farm Building Attached by Wall to High Ash Farmhouse

Listing Date: 28 August 1985

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1130606

English Heritage Legacy ID: 55627

Location: Tushingham-cum-Grindley, Macefen and Bradley, Cheshire West and Chester, SY13

County: Cheshire West and Chester

Civil Parish: Tushingham-cum-Grindley, Macefen and Bradley

Traditional County: Cheshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire

Church of England Parish: Tushingham St Chad

Church of England Diocese: Chester

Find accommodation in
Malpas

Listing Text

TUSHINGHAM CUM GRINDLEY C.P. CHESTER ROAD A41
SJ 54 SW
(West side)
5/84 L-shaped range of farm
building attached by
wall to High Ash
farmhouse.
GV II

Farm buildings containing shippon, barn, stables, coach-house and hay
lofts, 1819, the west wing of Flemish bond brown brickwork with pale
headers, the south-east wing of 2 storeys in English garden wall bond;
graded grey slate roofs. The west wing is almost symmetrical:
driftway in corner under basket arch; coach-house door in full-height
arched recess near outer end; slightly projecting centrepiece with
coped gable has arched recess containing round-arched barn doorway,
hoist-arm to loft above and datestone panel inscribed TB:1819.
Basket-arched doorways left and right of centre, the latter altered;
basket-arched loading doorways to loft; 3 "diamond-and-a-half" brick
vents. The south-east wing is of 3 storeys with basket and segmental
brick arches. All doors are boarded, some divided. Sandstone
padstones, keystones, hinge and latch-stones. The outer sides, more
simply detailed, have similar openings, some altered, and 5 pitching
eyes, one enlarged into a round-headed loading door. Diamond and
diamond-and-a-half brick vents to upper storeys. A handsome range
which groups well with the farmhouse, linked by a wall.


Listing NGR: SJ5176444859

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.