History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Tushingham House

A Grade II Listed Building in Tushingham-cum-Grindley, Macefen and Bradley, Cheshire West and Chester

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.9997 / 52°59'59"N

Longitude: -2.7066 / 2°42'23"W

OS Eastings: 352675

OS Northings: 344947

OS Grid: SJ526449

Mapcode National: GBR 7K.H31C

Mapcode Global: WH899.DVCP

Entry Name: Tushingham House

Listing Date: 1 March 1967

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1130607

English Heritage Legacy ID: 55629

Location: Tushingham cum Grindley, Cheshire West and Chester, SY13

County: Cheshire West and Chester

Civil Parish: Tushingham-cum-Grindley, Macefen and Bradley

Traditional County: Cheshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire

Church of England Parish: Tushingham St Chad

Church of England Diocese: Chester

Find accommodation in
Bickley

Listing Text

TUSHINGHAM CUM GRINDLEY C.P. COOKS LANE
SJ 54 SW
(West side)
5/86 Tushingham House.
1/3/1967
GV II

Farmhouse 1680 substantially rebuilt early C19, of English garden wall
bond brown brick with grey slate roof. Symmetrical; 3 storeys, 3
windows; double-depth plan, plus early C19 rear wing. Plinth, band at
1st floor, moulded eaves cornice and flush quoins of stone. Door of 6
pecked fielded panels under looped radial-bar fanlight in opening with
flush quoins and entablature on consoles, inscribed D:16TM80. A late
C19 semi-octagonal bay window of 5 lights with 2-pane French windows
to each side of door. 12-pane sash at centre with 16-pane sash to
each side in 2nd storey; 6-pane sash at centre with 8-pane sash to
each side in 3rd storey. Flush gable chimneys.
Interior: 6-panel doors; basket-arch between hall and stair; altered
inglenook in rear right room; oak stair of 1 flight per storey. The
floor and ceiling structure has been cased since circa 1820, but it is
stated that during electrical rewiring in late C20, broad oak boarding
in floors and chamfered oak beams were disclosed.


Listing NGR: SJ5267544947

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.