This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.1554 / 53°9'19"N
Longitude: -2.7769 / 2°46'36"W
OS Eastings: 348147
OS Northings: 362310
OS Grid: SJ481623
Mapcode National: GBR 7G.59YS
Mapcode Global: WH88H.9YXD
Entry Name: Meadow Farmhouse
Listing Date: 30 January 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1130642
English Heritage Legacy ID: 55512
Location: Hargrave and Huxley, Cheshire West and Chester, CH3
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Hargrave and Huxley
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Hargrave St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SF 46 SE FOULK STAPLEFORD C. P. CINDER LANE
2/2 Meadow Farmhouse
Farmhouse: Late C16 with considerable later C20 repairs.
Timber Framing and rendered brick. Welsh slate roof. 1 central
ridge brick chimney, and 1 lateral to cross-wing. Plan of
hall with 2 cross-wings. 2-storey, 4-bay front. Windows
are all 2 or 3-light C20 wooden casements with glazing bars.
In second bay is an early studded oak board door with inserted
glass panel, behind a lean-to porch. Addition of 1-storey
Interior: Entry into cross-passage of which timber-framed
partition partly survives. Rear wall of original house shows
exposed timber small-framing with passing and angle braces.
Heavy chamfered ceiling beam with fillet and tongue stop in
hall. Parlour beyond has original sandstone fireplace with
moulded opening. Similar fireplace in main chamber with 4-centred
head. Roof trusses rest on heads of widened posts, and are
of tie beam and 2 diagonal struts.
Listing NGR: SJ4814762310
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings